Travels Through The Khmer Country

Hopefully a resouce and a record of an all too qick trip to Cambodia in 2006

Monday, August 21, 2006

On The Road to Siem Reap

Plan is off to KLIA LCCT at about 08:00 for the 10:00 Air Asia flight to Siem Reap which arrives at about 11:10, currently 250 rinngits. A bargain I feel.

Pick up at airport courtesy of Two Dragons Guest House. For those without pick up Motodops run at about $1 and taxis $5 for the ride into town its about 6km.

This place has been recommended by so many people it is difficult to ignore and at $15 - $22 per night fits in with my I'm on holiday not an endurance test philosophy. Should reach there about 13:00 for lunch.


This will be my first chance to experience Khmer Food. This is an amazing site. I love it.

Should go to Angkor for sunset. Only really have one day so will take advantage of getting in after 17:00 on a one day ticket purchased for the next day. Can't wait. This is up there with Machu Picchu as one of the things that I have wanted to do ever since I was a child. I fear I will never row a Roman Galleon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home